Tuesday, February 28, 2012
This is our favorite jam-filled Heart cookies recipe.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cut up and softened
1/4 cup raspberry jam
Confectioner's sugar for garnish
1. In food processor, combine flour, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, and salt. Process till blended.
2. Add butter. Process with on/off turns until mixture is like coarse meal. Process until dough pulls away from bowl and forms a ball. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 325F . On well-floured surface. roll out half the tough 1/8 inch thick.
4. Cut dough into heart shapes with 2 1/2 inch cutter. Place cookies on baking sheet. Using a 1 inch heart-shaped cutter, cut out centers of half the cookies. Place centers on baking sheet.
5. Bake at 325F 13 to 16 minutes for large cookies, 10 minutes for small cookies, until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet and cool on racks.
6. Spread each large solid cookie with 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam. Sift confectioners sugar over heart-shaped ring cookies and place on the jam topped cookies.
Yield: 24 sandwich cookies and 24 small heart cookies.
Perfect for bridal showers and weddings.